Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Restoring True Hope

This morning I awoke long before the family and came down to my kitchen.  Even the dog continued to sleep.  I picked up three books that I am in the middle of reading and read a portion from each one: @Joe McIntyre "Throne Life," @Sean Feucht "Fuel for the Burning Heart," and @Steve Backlund "Possessing JOY." 
I closed my eyes and looked for Jesus.  He made me to lie down near a quiet stream of water - so comfortable....  He placed a blanket over me and then Jesus put His Hand upon my back and said, "I have you covered and I AM removing 'false hope' from you."
My response:
"YOU [Jesus] are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your Word...."  "Uphold me according to Your Word, that I may live; and do not let me be ashamed of my hope."  (Psalm 119: 114, 116)
Give me a right understanding of YOUR Word, Lord, and I know that I will not be ashamed because I will be restored to TRUE HOPE that comes from standing on Your Word.
I present to You a heart this morning that is listening and thankful.... 
I find it interesting that this is the first day of 2014.  May it be earmarked by a deeper grounding in the Word led by the Spirit of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment